The Voice of Every Woodlands Student

The Falcon

• Welcome to "The Falcon Online!"

An Interview with Teisha Hyman

Tamarah Hyman, Sports Desk Editor

As many may know the sophomore, Teisha Hyman, is an outstanding basketball player who has accomplished many goals here at Woodlands. She was able to start her varsity career as a seventh grader. Most players start their varsity career as a highschooler. Teisha Hyman was able to get a head start with her career. As a middle schooler, she was able to participate in the accomplishment of winning the gold-ball. This was a big accomplishment for her because most people cannot say that their team won a gold-ballin general. Teisha is a well organized student athlete. She manages her schedule very well. Teisha goes to school, practice, and workouts and still manages to maintain a great grade point average. I wanted to know more about her basketball career so I asked her the following questions:

Why do you play basketball and not any other sport?

“I play basketball instead of any other sport, because I play basketball better than any other sport.”

What do you enjoy about the game of basketball as a whole?

“I enjoy the fun I have with my teammates and scoring about basketball as a whole.”

How did it feel to play on a varsity team as a Freshman?  

“I don’t feel any type of way because I played it my whole life.”

How did you feel about last year’s season? What is one thing that you would change?

“Last year’s season was cool. I would have tried to change the outcome of last year’s championship.”

How did it feel to score your 1000th point as a Freshman?

“It was cool to score my 1000th point as a Freshman because I was the youngest in the State to accomplish that.”

What are your thoughts about this upcoming season? If you had the chance to speak to your team on a serious level, what would you say?  

“My thoughts about this year’s upcoming season is to dominate the league. I just tell my team we have ti get a gold ball this year, that’s it.”

What would you say the goals for this year’s team are?

“My goals for the team this year is to win a gold ball.”

How far do you see the team going this year? (County Center, States, etc.)

“Gold Ball”

*Writers Note: Growing up I never really thought about playing basketball. It was only until my sister started having games and we started watching games on the television, that I realized I enjoyed watching it. I never really wanted to play basketball. People would ask me why I don’t play or tell me I should play, but I wanted to be different. I didn’t want to follow in my sister’s footsteps even though she is younger. I was introduced to dance at a young age. Ever since then, I had a passion for it. Dance is everything to me. I actually like the fact that we are completely different. We both shine in our individual way. Being different isn’t wrong at all, I actually encourage it. At the end of the day, we support each other with whatever we choose to do and that is all that matters.   

The Voice of Every Woodlands Student
An Interview with Teisha Hyman